✅ Updated July 2021
Ultimate guide to renewing your driver's license in Virginia
Here's the ultimate guide to renewing your driver's license in Virginia. We've simplified the entire process for you so you can save time.
What You’ll Need to Renew your Virginia Driver License
- Driver’s license number, DMV customer number, OR Social Security number
- Date of birth
- $32 for Class D driver’s license renewal fee
What You’ll Do to Renew your Virginia Driver License
- Step 1: Visit the myDMV website
- Submit the required information
- Submit payment
- Receive a receipt for your renewed driver’s license
- Step 2: Receive your renewed Class D driver’s license via U.S. mail
Caveats and Exceptions in Renewing your Driver License in Virginia
- You will need to visit the DMV in person if…
- Your last driver’s license renewal was not completed in person
- Your driver’s license has expired
- License expired more than a year ago? Then you will need to apply for a new driver’s license.
- Need a REAL ID? Then visit our Virginia REAL ID [embedded link] page to find out what is required.
Need other Virginia DMV help for free?
📌 Get unlimited DMV appointments and DMV chat support with a 15 days free of Skip*
*15 days free using above invite link, this week only.