Updated September 2021
GET QUICK REAL ID HELP & A FAST DMV APPOINTMENT
We have helped a quarter of a million people get a DMV appointment, from office appointments to road tests, we're proud to be the #1 DMV appointment service in the United States, helping people in over 40 states. Check our availability below.
Millions of people across the United States need to upgrade their driver's license in 2020 to meet Federal ID standard requirements, also known as the Real ID Act
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW TO GET YOUR REAL ID
To get your Real ID quickly you'll need to:
- Visit your local DMV office with proof of citizenship, proof of social security number, and 2 proofs of address
Each state has slightly different requirements but generally speaking you will need to:
- Make a DMV appointment or show up and be prepared to wait
- Bring Proof of US Citizenship (ie. Passport or Birth Certificate)
- Bring Proof of Social Security Number (must be full number such as on a tax document)
- Bring Proof of Address (many states require 2 pieces of mail, such as utility bills)
- Bring a debit card since many DMV's do not accept credit cards
THE QUICKEST WAYS TO GET YOUR REAL ID
- Make a DMV appointment, check out our Express DMV Appointment service
- If you don't want to make an appointment, check out our DMV Line Waiting Concierge service
Pro-tip: To avoid the Real ID rush consider using your passport for a period of time. You will still have the option to use your US passport book or US passport card when traveling through US airports. Make sure your passport is up-to-date.
If you need door-to-door passport renewal help, click here.
If you need new US passport help, click here.
REAL ID DOCUMENTS INFOGRAPHIC
Below is a Real ID document infographic specific to California, however, nearly all states have similar document requirements.
Disclaimer: YoGovernment Inc (dba YoGov) is privately owned and is NOT owned or operated by any government agencies.