✅ Updated June 2021
Ultimate guide to renewing your driver's license in Wisconsin
Here's the ultimate guide to renewing your driver's license in Wisconsin. We've simplified the entire process for you so you can save time.
What You’ll Need to Renew your Wisconsin Driver License
- Driver’s license number
- Name, date of birth
- Name change (if applicable)
- Legal status in the U.S. (if not a U.S. citizen)
- Citizenship or legal status in the U.S.
- Social Security Number
- Wisconsin residency (where you live)
What You’ll Do to Renew your Wisconsin Driver License
- Step 1: Visit the License eXpress web portal
- Submit the required information
- Submit payment
- Receive a receipt for your renewed license
- Step 2: Receive your renewed Class D driver’s license via U.S. mail within 30 days
Caveats and Exceptions to Renewing your Wisconsin Driver License
- Under age 24? Then you will need to visit the DOL in person.
- If you are not a U.S citizen, proof of legal status will also be required.
- Information that cannot be verified will take additional time to process and could require you to correct your records with SSA and/or make a return visit to the DOT Customer Service Center.
Need other Wisconsin DMV help for free?
📌 Get unlimited DMV appointments and DMV chat support with a 15 days free of Skip*
*15 days free using above invite link, this week only.