✅ Updated March 2021
Here's the ultimate guide to getting your Real ID at the Wisconsin DMV. We've simplified the entire process for you so you can save time.
What You’ll Need To Get your Wisconsin Real ID
- Proof of Name and Date of Birth
- Proof of Legal Presence in the U.S.
- Proof of Identity
- Proof of Name Change (if applicable)
- Proof of Social Security Number
- Proof of Address
- Renewal information
- Check your status
- Reinstatement eligibility and requirements
- Getting a driver license
- New residents
What You’ll Do to Get your Wisconsin Real ID
- Step 1: To obtain a REAL ID-compliant driver license or ID card, you must present additional documentation when you apply. One original document or certified copy (not a photocopy, fax or scan) from each category is required. Some documents may be used for more than one category, whereas some will only satisfy the requirements of a single category.
- Step 2: Use DMV’s interactive driver licensing guide to receive a personalized checklist of the required documents you will need to bring. It also allows you to pre-fill any required application(s), print and bring with you or submit electronically (if eligible).
- Step 3: Schedule an appointment for the DMV for faster service.
Caveats and Exceptions to Getting your Wisconsin Real ID
- If your current driver license or ID will not expire before 2020, and you wish to obtain a REAL ID-compliant card, the cost of a duplicate card will apply.
- If you have a valid U.S. passport or another acceptable form of federal identification, you can use that for identification, in place of a REAL ID-compliant driver license or ID card. View list of Transportation Safety Administration approved documents.
Need other Wisconsin DMV help for free?
📌 Get unlimited DMV appointments and DMV chat support with a 15 days free of Skip*
*15 days free using above invite link, this week only.
❗Pro-tip: YoGov can help you get your US driving license! Book a Road Test Concierge car and driver to help you pass your road test.