✅ Updated August 2021
Ultimate Guide to Replacing your Vehicle Title in Washington
Here's the ultimate guide to replacing your vehicle title in Washington. We've simplified the entire process for you so you can save time. Check out our full Washington DMV Help page.
What You’ll Need to Replace your Vehicle Title in Washington
- Completed Affidavit of Loss/Release of Interest (Form TD-420-040) (signed by all owners of vehicle and notarized)
- $31 (check or money order payable to Washington Department of Licensing) for replacement title fee
What You’ll Do to Replace your Vehicle Title in Washington
- Step 1: Mail the completed document plus payment to:
Refunds and Title Services
Department of Licensing
PO Box 9030
Olympia, WA 98507
- Step 2: Receive your replacement vehicle title via U.S. mail within 10 weeks
Caveats and Exceptions in Transferring your Vehicle in Washington
- Need your replacement title in a hurry? Then visit your nearest Quick Title office and pay an additional $50 fee.
Need other Washington DMV help for free?
📌 Get unlimited DMV appointments and DMV chat support with a 15 days free of Skip*
*15 days free using above invite link, this week only.