✅ Updated January 2021
Ultimate guide to Registering your Vehicle in Washington
Here's the ultimate guide to registering your vehicle in Washington. We've simplified the entire process for you so you can save time.
What You’ll Need to Register your Vehicle in Washington
- Completed Vehicle Certificate of Ownership (Title) Application (Form TD-420-001)
- Proof of identity
- Proof of ownership
- Washington vehicle title and completed Vehicle/Vessel Bill of Sale (Form TD-420-065) (both signed by seller);
- Out-of-state vehicle title; OR
- Bill of sale or dealer purchase agreement (if vehicle purchased within past 90 days);
- Proof of emissions inspection (if applicable)
- Payment for applicable fees & taxes
What You’ll Do to Register your Vehicle in Washington
- Step 1: Visit your nearest DOL office (optional: make an appointment!)
- Submit the required documents & ID
- Complete the odometer disclosure statement (if vehicle is <10 years old)
- Submit payment
- Receive your Washington vehicle registration & license plates
- Step 2: Receive your Washington vehicle title via U.S. mail within 10 weeks
Caveats and Exceptions in Registering your Vehicle in Washington
- Need your title and registration in a hurry? Then visit your nearest Quick Title office and pay an additional $50 fee.
- Do you live in one of the following counties? Unless your vehicle is a hybrid; year 2009 or newer and certified to California emissions standards; or diesel, then you will need to complete an emissions inspections.
- Clark County
- King County
- Pierce County
- Snohomish County
- Spokane County
Need other Washington DMV help for free?
📌 Get unlimited DMV appointments and DMV chat support with a 15 days free of Skip*
*15 days free using above invite link, this week only.