✅ Updated July 2021
Ultimate Guide to Replacing your Vehicle Title in Tennessee
Here's the ultimate guide to replacing your vehicle title in Tennessee. We've simplified the entire process for you so you can save time. Check out our full Tennessee DMV Help page.
What You’ll Need to Replace your Vehicle Title in Tennessee
- Confirmation of proof of identity.
- Required Documentation of changes (other than those needed to correct clerical errors) in a license, temporary license or certificate for driving holder’s name, date of birth, or gender.
- First duplicate $8 dollars
- Subsequent duplicates $12 dollars
- Duplicates for a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) $12 dollars
- Subsequent CDL duplicates $16 dollars
What You’ll Do to Replace your Vehicle Title in Tennessee
- Step 1. Visit your local DOS office
- Step 2. Provide primary and secondary proof of identification
- Step 3. Have your photo taken, this will be used for temporary and permanent replacement license.
- Step 4. Pay the applicable fee.
- Step 5. Get your replacement license.
Need other Tennessee DMV help for free?
📌 Get unlimited DMV appointments and DMV chat support with a 15 days free of Skip*
*15 days free using above invite link, this week only.