✅ Updated October 2020
Ultimate guide to Registering your Vehicle in Tennessee
Here's the ultimate guide to registering your vehicle in Tennessee. We've simplified the entire process for you so you can save time.
What You’ll Need to Register your Vehicle in Tennessee
- Current out-of-state registration.
- Out-of-state title certificate
- Emissions test certificate (if applicable)
- Proof of identification and residency(U.S. driver's license, birth certificate, military ID)
- Payment for the title transfer fee (varies by county)
What You’ll Do to Register your Vehicle in Tennessee
- Step 1 . Visit the Department of Environment and Conservation's website. The Vehicle Inspection Program is found under the Air Pollution Control Division. ( For new and relocating resident )
- Step 2. You may want to review the acceptable proof of identification for you to be guided accordingly.
- Step 3. passed emissions certificate (if applicable)
- Step 4. Pay the standard vehicle fee of $26.50
- Step 5. Get your new registration.
Need other Tennessee DMV help for free?
📌 Get unlimited DMV appointments and DMV chat support with a 15 days free of Skip*
*15 days free using above invite link, this week only.