✅ Updated July 2021
Ultimate guide to getting your Real ID in Tennessee
Here's the ultimate guide to getting your Real ID at the Tennessee DMV. We've simplified the entire process for you so you can save time.
What You’ll Need To Get your Tennessee Real ID
- Proof to establish citizenship or legal presence
- Proof of your full Social Security Number
- Two proofs of Tennessee residency
- All documents must be original or certified. No photocopies will be accepted.
- Prepare for $28 for standard fee.
What You’ll Do to Get your Tennessee Real ID
- Step 1. first application for a REAL ID compliant credential shall be made in person.
- Step 2. Visit one of our 44 Full-service Driver Services Centers or Nashville-Downtown Express Center
- Step 3. If you have not been issued a Tennessee driver license or ID you may visit one of our 44 Full-service Driver Services Centers
- Step 4. Get your first REAL ID.
Caveats and Exceptions to Getting your Tennessee
- Beginning October 1, 2020, all persons must have a REAL ID license for accessing certain Federal buildings, entering nuclear facilities, and boarding commercial flights within the United States.
Need other Tennessee DMV help for free?
📌 Get unlimited DMV appointments and DMV chat support with a 15 days free of Skip*
*15 days free using above invite link, this week only.