✅ Updated August 2021
Ultimate Guide to Replacing your Vehicle Title in South Carolina
Here's the ultimate guide to replacing your vehicle title in South Carolina. We've simplified the entire process for you so you can save time. Check out our full South Carolina DMV Help page.
What You’ll Need to Replace your Vehicle Title in South Carolina
- Completed Title Application (SCDMV Form 400) - Provide the vehicle odometer mileage reading and any current lien information.
- Acceptable identification or one of the forms below:
- If you're a company and you're sending someone to pick up the title in your place, you must complete the Agent Authorization for Title Pick-up (SCDMV Form MV-80).
- If you're picking up a title for another person, you must complete the Third Party Title Pick Up (SCDMV Form MV-80A).
- Title Fee $15 Same-day expedited duplicate titles are available in person only. There is an additional $20 expedite fee for this option.
What You’ll Do to Replace your Vehicle Title in South Carolina
- Step 1: Complete the Form needed
- Step 2: Schedule an appointment
- Step 3: Visit Nearest Branch
- Step 4: Pay applicable Fees
- Step 5: If there is a lien on your vehicle, a duplicate title will be sent to the lien holder.
Need other South Carolina DMV help for free?
📌 Get unlimited DMV appointments and DMV chat support with a 15 days free of Skip*
*15 days free using above invite link, this week only.