✅ Updated April 2021
Ultimate guide to renewing your driver's license in South Carolina
Here's the ultimate guide to renewing your driver's license in South Carolina. We've simplified the entire process for you so you can save time. If you're a US Citizen interested in renewing your driver's license by mail for an eight-year license, you must meet all of the following requirements:
- You have a regular (Class D, E, F, G, M, or any combination of those) license.
- You do not have a commercial driver’s license.
- Your license is not expired.
- You have not received more than five points on your record in the last two years.
- Your license is not suspended or subject to be suspended.
- You did not renew your license by mail during the last renewal period.
- You are not a Convicted Violent Offender in the SCDMV system.
- You do not currently have a conditional or special restricted license.
What You’ll Need to Renew your South Carolina Driver License
- Step 1: Complete the list and accepted documents on the United States Citizens' Checklist (SCDMV Form MV-93) and the International Customers' Checklist (SCDMV Form MV-94).
- Step 2: Provide the company name of your vehicle insurance
- Step 3: Schedule an appointment
- Step 4: Pay $25 for the license
What You’ll Do to Renew your South Carolina Driver License
- Step 1: Visit the PennDOT Online Driver's License/Photo ID website
- Enter the required information
- Submit payment
- Receive a receipt for your renewed driver’s license
- Step 2: Receive your renewed Class C driver’s license via U.S. mail
Caveats and Exceptions to Renewing your South Carolina Driver License
- You must pass a knowledge test if you've received more than five points against your driving record in the last two years.
Need other South Carolina DMV help for free?
📌 Get unlimited DMV appointments and DMV chat support with a 15 days free of Skip*
*15 days free using above invite link, this week only.