Updated April 2021
Ultimate guide to renewing your driver's license in Pennsylvania
Here's the ultimate guide to renewing your driver's license in Pennsylvania. We've simplified the entire process for you so you can save time.
What You’ll Need to Renew your Pennsylvania Driver License
Driver’s license number, date of birth, and last 4 digits of your Social Security number
$30.50 payment for Class C driver’s license renewal fee
What You’ll Do to Renew your Pennsylvania Driver License
- Step 1: Visit the PennDOT Online Driver's License/Photo ID website
- Enter the required information
- Submit payment
- Receive a receipt for your renewed driver’s license
- Step 2: Receive your renewed Class C driver’s license via U.S. mail
Caveats and Exceptions to Renewing your Pennsylvania Driver License
- Did your license expire more than 6 months ago? Then you will need to first apply for a Learner’s Permit.
Need other Pennsylvania DMV help for free?
Get unlimited DMV appointments and DMV chat support with a 15 days free of Skip*
*15 days free using above invite link, this week only.