✅ Updated October 2022
Ultimate guide to renewing your driver's license in Oregon
Here's the ultimate guide to renewing your driver's license in Oregon. We've simplified the entire process for you so you can save time.
What You’ll Need to Renew your Oregon Driver License
- Current OR driver's license
- Proof of your full legal name
- Proof of your U.S. presence
- Proof of your Identity
- Proof of your birth date
- Proof of your OR residence.
- Application for Driving Privileges or ID Card (Form 735-173), which will also include a series of medical questions to answer.
- Payment for the renewal of $40.00
What You’ll Do to Renew your Oregon Driver License
- Step 1. Fill out the Application for Driving Privileges or ID card.
- Step 2. Visit the DMV office.
- Step 3. Submit the requirements that you have.
- Step 4. Pass the vision test if your 50 or older.
- Step 5. Pay the renewal fee.
- Step 6. Have your photo taken.
- Step 7. Wait for your license in the mail.
Caveats and Exceptions to Renewing your Oregon Driver License
- You can renew your license upto 12 months before or after your license expires.
- You will have to apply for a new driver’s license, pay the original fee and take tests if your license has been expired for more than a year.
- Oregon driver’s license is valid for 8 years at a time.
Need other Oregon DMV help for free?
📌 Get unlimited DMV appointments and DMV chat support with a 15 days free of Skip*
*15 days free using above invite link, this week only.