✅ Updated November 2020
Ultimate guide to transferring your out-of-state driver's license to Oklahoma
Here's the ultimate guide to transferring your out-of-state license to Oklahoma. We've simplified the entire process for you so you can save time. This page is geared toward people who've moved to Oklahoma but have a driver license from another US state. If you have an international license, visit our Oklahoma driver's license page.
What You’ll Need to Transfer your Out-of-State Driver License to Oklahoma
What You’ll Do to Transfer your Out-of-State Driver License to Oklahoma
- Step 1: You must appear before a Driver License Examiner in any of these Driver License Exam Site
- Step 2: When you appear before a Driver License Examiner, you will:
- Present all the required documents
- Take a vision test provided that you have:
- A valid unexpired driver license issued by any state or country for the same type or types of vehicles
- An expired driver license that is not expired more than six (6) months past the expiration date listed on the driver license or;
- Is not a Class A, B or C commercial driver license or commercial driver license permit
- If you pass the vision test, a form will be issued by the examiner
- Step 3: Proceed to any Motor License Agent (Tag Agency) and submit the form along with your identification documents and Out of State License
- Pay the applicable fee and wait for your license to be printed.
Caveats and Exceptions to Transferring your Driver License to Oklahoma
- Transferring from a U.S, Territory? Your license must be valid or unexpired otherwise you need to take the written and drive test again
- You must present an English translation of your traffic record dated within 60 days to the Examiner for your tests to be waived
- A person over the age of 16 who, at the time of application, is licensed by one of the (50) states, District of Columbia or Canadian province and is operating under a valid intermediate license, or equivalent, can apply to transfer the intermediate license to Oklahoma
Need a REAL ID? Then visit our Oklahoma REAL ID page to find out what is required.
Need other Oklahoma DMV help for free?
📌 Get unlimited DMV appointments and DMV chat support with a 15 days free of Skip*
*15 days free using above invite link, this week only.