✅ Updated March 2021

Ultimate Guide to Replacing your Vehicle Title in Oklahoma

Here's the ultimate guide to replacing your vehicle title in Oklahoma. We've simplified the entire process for you so you can save time. Check out our full Oklahoma DMV Help page.


What You’ll Need to Replace your Vehicle Title in Oklahoma


What You’ll Do to Replace your Vehicle Title in Oklahoma

  • Walk-in: Visit the Motor Vehicle Division or any Oklahoma Motor License Agency
    • Step 1: Submit completely filled-up Form 701-7
    • Step 2: Submit all the required documents
    • Step 3: Pay the replacement fee
    • Step 4: Wait for your replacement title
  • If processing by mail,
    • Step 1: Completely fill-up and sign Notarized Form 701-7
    • Step 2: Attach copies of all the required documents
    • Step 3: Include a check made out to the Oklahoma Tax Commission for $12.55
    • Step 4: Mail it to Oklahoma Tax Commission Motor Vehicle Division

2501 North Lincoln Boulevard Oklahoma City, OK 73194


Caveats and Exceptions to Replacing your Vehicle Title in Oklahoma

  • Either current Oklahoma registration, or evidence of out of state residency, is required before a duplicate title may be issued
  • Out of state residency may be evidenced by an out of state registration for the vehicle/boat/motor, a utility bill, rental agreement, or out of state driver license in the name of the record owner
  • If the Oklahoma registration is not current and out of state residency cannot be established, all delinquent Oklahoma registration fees and penalties will have to be remitted, along with an Oklahoma insurance verification form, in order for the duplicate title to be issued


Need other Oklahoma DMV help for free?

📌 Get unlimited DMV appointments and DMV chat support with a 15 days free of Skip*

*15 days free using above invite link, this week only.