✅ Updated September 2020
Ultimate Guide to Replacing your Vehicle Title in Ohio
Here's the ultimate guide to replacing your vehicle title in Ohio. We've simplified the entire process for you so you can save time. Check out our full Ohio DMV Help page.
What You’ll Need to Replace your Vehicle Title in Ohio
- Completed Application For Certificate of Title to a Motor Vehicle (Form BMV 3774)
- Valid photo ID
- Payment for applicable fees and taxes
- $15 duplicate title fee
- $15 lien notation fee (if applicable)
What You’ll Do to Replace your Vehicle Title in Ohio
- Step 1: Visit your nearest deputy registrar agency (optional: make an appointment!)
- Submit the required documents & ID
- Submit payment
- Receive a temporary replacement title
- Step 2: Receive your replacement vehicle title via U.S. mail
Need other Ohio DMV help for free?
📌 Get unlimited DMV appointments and DMV chat support with a 15 days free of Skip*
*15 days free using above invite link, this week only.