✅ Updated July 2021
Ultimate guide to renewing your driver's license in Ohio
Here's the ultimate guide to renewing your driver's license in Ohio. We've simplified the entire process for you so you can save time.
What You’ll Need to Renew your Ohio Driver License
📌Proof of full legal name and date of birth
📌Proof of Social Security number
📌Proof of legal presence in U.S.
📌Proof of residency in Ohio
📌$25.75 for Class D driver’s license renewal fee
What You’ll Do to Renew your Ohio Driver License
- Step 1: Visit your nearest BMV office (optional: make an appointment!)
- Submit the required documents & ID
- Pass the vision test
- Submit payment
- Receive a receipt
- Step 2: Receive your renewed Class D driver’s license via U.S. mail
Caveats and Exceptions
- Under age 21? Then your renewed driver’s license will expire on your 21st birthday.
- Need a REAL ID? Then visit our Ohio REAL ID [embedded link] page to find out what is required.
Need other Ohio DMV help for free?
📌 Get unlimited DMV appointments and DMV chat support with a 15 days free of Skip*
*15 days free using above invite link, this week only.