✅ Updated January 2022
Ultimate Guide to Replacing your Vehicle Title in North Carolina
Here's the ultimate guide to replacing your vehicle title in North Carolina. We've simplified the entire process for you so you can save time. Check out our full North Carolina DMV Help page.
What You’ll Need to Replace your Vehicle Title in North Carolina
- Application for a Duplicate Title (Form MVR-4) (completed in the presence of a notary)
- Valid North Carolina driver’s license
- Vehicle identification number (also referred to as the title number)
- $20 for replacement title fee
What You’ll Do to Replace your Vehicle Title in North Carolina
- Step 1: Visit your nearest DMV office (optional: make an appointment!)
- Submit the required documents & ID
- Submit payment
- Receive a receipt for your replacement title
- Step 2: Receive your replacement vehicle title via U.S. mail within 15 business days
Need other North Carolina DMV help for free?
📌 Get unlimited DMV appointments and DMV chat support with a 15 days free of Skip*
*15 days free using above invite link, this week only.