✅ Updated April 2021
Ultimate guide to renewing your driver's license in North Carolina
Here's the ultimate guide to renewing your driver license in North Carolina. We've simplified the entire process for you so you can save time.
What You’ll Need to Renew your North Carolina Driver License
- Valid driver’s license
- Last 4 digits of your Social Security number
- $40 payment for Class C driver’s license renewal (valid for 8 years)
What You’ll Do to Renew your North Carolina Driver License
- Step 1: Visit the DMV’s driver’s license renewal website
- Enter the required information
- Submit payment
- Receipt a receipt for your renewal
- Step 2: Receive your renewed Class C driver’s license.
Caveats and Exemptions to Renewing your North Carolina Driver License
- Need a REAL ID? Then visit our North Carolina REAL ID [embedded link] page to find out what is required.
Need other North Carolina DMV help for free?
📌 Get unlimited DMV appointments and DMV chat support with a 15 days free of Skip*
*15 days free using above invite link, this week only.
❗Pro-tip: YoGov can help you get your US driving license! Book a Road Test Concierge car and driver to help you pass your road test.