✅ Updated April 2021
Ultimate Guide to Replacing your Vehicle Title in New Jersey
Here's the ultimate guide to replacing your vehicle title in New Jersey. We've simplified the entire process for you so you can save time. Check out our full New Jersey DMV Help page.
What You’ll Need to Replace your Vehicle Title in New Jersey
- Completed Application for Duplicate Certificate of Ownership (Form OS/SS-52)
- Vehicle registration (photocopy)
- Proof of vehicle insurance (photocopy)
- $60 (check or money order) for replacement title fee
What You’ll Do to Replace your Vehicle Title in New Jersey
- Step 1: Mail the required documents plus payment to:
State of New Jersey
Motor Vehicle Commission
Special Title Section/Duplicate Titles
P.O. Box 017
Trenton, NJ 08666
- Step 2: Receive your replacement vehicle title via U.S. mail
Caveats and Exceptions to Replacing your Vehicle Title in New Jersey
Need your replacement title in a hurry? Then visit the MVC in person.
Need other New Jersey DMV help for free?
📌 Get unlimited DMV appointments and DMV chat support with a 15 days free of Skip*
*15 days free using above invite link, this week only.