✅ Updated September 2021
Ultimate guide to renewing your driver's license in New Jersey
Here's the ultimate guide to renewing your driver's license in New Jersey. We've simplified the entire process for you so you can save time.
What You’ll Need to Renew your New Jersey Driver License
- Completed “Skip the Trip” driver’s license renewal application
- $24 payment for driver’s license renewal fee (check or money order)
What You’ll Do to Renew your New Jersey Driver License
- Step 1: Mail the completed application plus payment to the address indicated on the renewal form
- Step 2: Receive your renewed Class D driver’s license via U.S. mail within 10 business days
Caveats and Exceptions to Renewing your New Jersey Driver License
- You will need to visit the MVC in person if…
- Your license expires in less than 20 days
- You did not receive a “Skip the Trip” renewal package
- License already expired? Then you will need to apply for a new driver’s license.
- Need a REAL ID? Then visit our New Jersey REAL ID page to find out what is required.
Need other New Jersey DMV help for free?
📌 Get unlimited DMV appointments and DMV chat support with a 15 days free of Skip*
More New Jersey DMV Questions?
📌 Visit our New Jersey DMV information page
📌 Skip the DMV line! Get a line waiting concierge
📌 In a hurry? Get a DMV appointment fast
📌 Get all of this info for free on the Skip app (get $10 credit for the app with this link)