✅ Updated October 2022

Ultimate guide to transferring your out-of-state driver's license to Nevada

Here's the ultimate guide to transferring your out-of-state license to Nevada. We've simplified the entire process for you so you can save time. This page is geared toward people who've moved to Nevada but have a driver license from another US state. If you have an international license, visit our Nevada driver's license page.


What You’ll Need to Transfer your Out-of-State Driver License to Nevada

  • Proof of Identity.
    • U.S. Passport
    • U.S. Birth Certificate
    • Valid Real ID driver’s license
    • Instruction permit
    • Identification card from another state
    • Nevada Department of Corrections Identification Card
  • Social Security Number(SSN)
  • Nevada residency (2 documents), certified or originals dated within the last 60 days.
    • Original Nevada License, ID’s
    • Driver Authorization Card.



What You’ll Do to Transfer your Out-of-State Driver License to Nevada

  • Step 1: Pass the vision test.
  • Step 2: Pass the written knowledge exam (under 21 years old or if required). See the NV DMV website for more information.
  • Step 3: If you have a driver's license from another country or U.S. territory, you must also pass an on-road driving test.
  • Step 4: Pay the required fees.


Caveats and Exceptions in Transferring your Driver License to Nevada

  • Nevada transfers most motorcycle endorsements from other states. If you take the skills test on a motorcycle under 90cc, your license will be restricted to that size or smaller. 
  • You must hold a Class M motorcycle license to drive a motorcycle.
  • A driver's license is not required to operate an off-highway vehicle.


Need other Nevada DMV help for free?

📌 Get unlimited DMV appointments and DMV chat support with a 15 days free of Skip*

*15 days free using above invite link, this week only.