✅ Updated October 2021
Ultimate guide to getting your Real ID or Star ID in Nevada
Here's the ultimate guide to getting your Real ID at the Nevada DMV. We've simplified the entire process for you so you can save time.
What You’ll Need To Get your Nevada Real ID
- Proof of Identity
- U.S. Passport
- U.S. Birth Certificate
- Valid Real ID driver’s license
- Instruction permit
- Identification card from another state
- Nevada Department of Corrections Identification Card
- Proof of All Name Change(s)
- Proof of Social Security number
- Social Security Card
- IRS Form 1099
- Proof of your Nevada residential address
- Original Nevada License, ID’s
- Driver Authorization Card.
- an Application for Driving Privileges or ID Card (DMV 002)
What You’ll Do to Get your Nevada Real ID
- Step 1: You must apply in person at DMV office. Make an appointment at our offices in Carson City, Las Vegas or Reno.
- Step 2: Pay the required fee
- The fee for a Real ID only (Change of Information) is $9.25 for a driver license, $8.25 for an ID card or $13.25 for a commercial license. Other driver license/ID changes of information, such as an address change or name change, may be included with no additional fee.
Caveats and Exceptions to Getting your Nevada Real ID
- There is no additional charge for a Real ID if you are completing other license/ID transactions such as a renewal or adding an endorsement.
- The Change of Information fees listed above will apply if you are completing a vehicle registration or other transaction and the Real ID is the only change to your license or ID card.
Need other Nevada DMV help for free?
📌 Get unlimited DMV appointments and DMV chat support with a 15 days free of Skip*
*15 days free using above invite link, this week only.
❗Pro-tip: YoGov can help you get your US driving license! Book a Road Test Concierge car and driver to help you pass your road test.