✅ Updated October 2020
Here's the ultimate guide to getting your driver license at the Nevada DMV. We've simplified the entire process for you so you can save time.
What You’ll Need to Get your Nevada Driver License
- Submit a completed Application for Driving Privileges or ID Card (Form DMV 002E).
- Show proof of your:
- Social Security number (SSN).
- Nevada residency (2 documents), certified or originals dated within the last 60 days.
- Name change, if applicable.
What You’ll Do to Get your Nevada Driver License
- Step 1: Complete a Driver's License, Driver Authorization Card, or Identification Card Application (Form DMV 002).
- Step 2: Surrender your valid out-of-state driver's license or permit.
- Step 3: Show proof of identity (name and date of birth) and residency.
- Step 4: Provide your Social Security number.
- Step 5: Complete a Beginning Driver Experience Log (Form DLD130) if you have an out-of-state learner's permit or provisional license.
- Step 6: Pass the written test and vision test.
- Step 7: Get your photo taken.
- Step 8: Pay the driver license fee.
Caveats and Exceptions to Getting your Nevada Driver License
- If you're younger than 18 years old, please follow the instructions on our Applying for a Teen License page.
- if you need a commercial driver's license, see our Applying for a New CDL page.
Need other Nevada DMV help for free?
📌 Get unlimited DMV appointments and DMV chat support with a 15 days free of Skip*
*15 days free using above invite link, this week only.
❗Pro-tip: YoGov can help you get your US driving license! Book a Road Test Concierge car and driver to help you pass your road test.