✅ Updated May 2022
Ultimate guide to transferring your out-of-state driver's license to Missouri
Here's the ultimate guide to transferring your out-of-state license to Missouri. We've simplified the entire process for you so you can save time. This page is geared toward people who've moved to Missouri but have a driver license from another US state. If you have an international license, visit our Missouri driver's license page.
What You’ll Need to Transfer your Out-of-State License to Missouri
- Proof of identity
- Date of Lawful status
- Proof of Social Security number
- Proof of Missouri residential address
- Fee of $10.00 (under 21 or older than 70) or $20.00 (age 21-69).
- Note that there is the convenience fee of $1.25 if you pay by card.
What You’ll Do to Transfer your Out-of-State License to Missouri
- Step 1.You must transfer your out-of-state license once established residency in Missouri and visit your local DOR office.
- Step 2. Show proof of your name/date/place of birth.
- Step 3. Provide proof of your identity and residency
- Step 4. Pass the written test, driving test and vision test
- Step 5. Pay the class F driver’s license fee
- $13.50 for 3 years or $19.50 for 6 years.
Caveats and Exceptions to Transferring your Driver License to Missouri
- If you're 18 years old or younger, you must complete the MO DOR graduated driver licensing (GDL) program.
Need other Missouri DMV help for free?
📌 Get unlimited DMV appointments and DMV chat support with a 15 days free of Skip*
*15 days free using above invite link, this week only.
❗Pro-tip: YoGov can help you get your US driving license! Book a Road Test Concierge car and driver to help you pass your road test.