✅ Updated September 2021
Ultimate Guide to Replacing your Vehicle Title in Missouri
Here's the ultimate guide to replacing your vehicle title in Missouri. We've simplified the entire process for you so you can save time.
What You’ll Need to Replace your Vehicle Title in Missouri
- Proof of your identity and residency
- Include your Missouri address.
- Surrender your current title.
- Have a notary witness your signature on the application.
- Fee of $14.50 for the duplicate title including the $6.00 processing fee.
What You’ll Do to Replace your Vehicle Title in Missouri
- Step 1. Complete an Application for Replacement Plate(s) and Tab(s) (Form 1576)
- Step 2.Explain why you need the replacement plates and/or tabs.
- Step 3. Have your signature on the form notarized.
- Step 4. Pay all the applicable replacement fees.
- Step 5. Bring your paperwork and payment to your local DOR office.
If you pay by check please make sure to include your name, address, date of birth, daytime phone number, social security number and driver’s license.
Motor Vehicle Bureau
301 West High Street Room 370
P.O. Box 100 Jefferson City, MO 65105
More Missouri DMV Questions?
📌 Visit our Missouri DMV information page
📌 Skip the DMV line! Get a line waiting concierge
📌 In a hurry? Get a DMV appointment fast
📌 Get all of this info for free on the Skip app (get $10 credit for the app with this link)