✅ Updated January 2022
Ultimate guide to Registering your Vehicle in Missouri
Here's the ultimate guide to registering your vehicle in Missouri. We've simplified the entire process for you so you can save time.
What You’ll Need to Register your Vehicle in Missouri
- Fee of $8.50 for the title and $6.00 for processing fee.
- Certificate of title
- Application for Missouri Title and License ( Form 108 )
- Identification number and odometer inspection.
- Odometer disclosure statement ( Form 3019 )
- Notarized Lien Release ( Form 4809 ) if applicable.
What You’ll Do to Register your Vehicle in Missouri
- Step 1. Apply in person with the MO DOR in your local licensing office get the statement of non assessment as proof that you do not owe a tax.
- Step 2. Present the above requirements
- Step 3. Call (573) 526-3669 if you cannot obtain the out-of-state title or registration ( for new to Missouri resident. )
- Step 4. Submit a signed Application for Missouri Title and License (Form DOR-108).
- Step 5. Show your insurance identification card
- Step 6. Submit your statement of non-assessment from the county collector's office (city collector in St. Louis).
- Step 7. Submit your vehicle identification number (VIN) and odometer inspection.
- Step 8. Pay all registration, title, tax, and processing fees
Caveats and Exceptions in Registering your Vehicle in Missouri
- Effective August 28, 2019, motor vehicles for the first ten years following the model year of manufacture, and having less than 150,000 miles on the odometer are exempt from the safety inspection requirement. Example: For a 2015 vehicle where the mileage continues to be less than 150,000 miles at the time of registration or registration renewal, the vehicle would be exempt from the safety inspection through 2025.
Need other Missouri DMV help for free?
📌 Get unlimited DMV appointments and DMV chat support with a 15 days free of Skip*
*15 days free using above invite link, this week only.