✅ Updated October 2020
Ultimate Guide to Replacing your Vehicle Title in Michigan
Here's the ultimate guide to replacing your vehicle title in Michigan. We've simplified the entire process for you so you can save time. Check out our full Michigan DMV Help page.
What You’ll Need to Replace your Vehicle Title in Michigan
- Completed Application for Michigan Vehicle Title (Form TR-11L)
- Proof of identity (driver’s license, passport, or ID card)
- $15 for replacement title fee
What You’ll Do to Replace your Vehicle Title in Michigan
- Step 1: Visit your nearest SOS office (optional: make an appointment!)
- Submit the required documents & ID
- Submit payment
- Receive a temporary vehicle title
- Step 2: Receive your replacement vehicle title via U.S. mail within about 10 days
Caveats and Exceptions
- Need your replacement title in a hurry? Then visit an SOS office that offers expedited title services.
Need other Michigan DMV help for free?
📌 Get unlimited DMV appointments and DMV chat support with a 15 days free of Skip*
*15 days free using above invite link, this week only.