So you need to renew your driver’s license in Michigan?
What You’ll Need
- Driver’s license number, birth date, and last 4 digits of Social Security number
- $18 for driver’s license renewal fee + online processing fee
What You’ll Do
- Step 1: Visit the ExpressSOS website
- Submit the required information
- Submit payment
- Receive a receipt for your renewed driver’s license
- Step 2: Receive your renewed Class O driver’s license via U.S. mail within 3 weeks
Caveats and Exceptions
- You will need to visit an SOS office in person if…
- Your previous driver’s license renewal was completed online or by mail
- You do not have a Social Security number on file with the SOS
- Has your driver’s license already expired? Then you will be charged a $7 late fee.
- Under age 21? Then your driver’s license will expire on your 21st birthday.
- Need a REAL ID? Then visit our Michigan REAL ID [embedded link] page to find out what is required.