✅ Updated September 2020
Ultimate guide to Renewing your driver's license in Michigan
Here's the ultimate guide to getting your driver license at the Michigan DMV. We've simplified the entire process for you so you can save time.
What You’ll Need to Renew your Driver License in Michigan
- Driver’s license number, birth date, and last 4 digits of Social Security number
- $18 for driver’s license renewal fee + online processing fee
What You’ll Do to Renew your Driver License in Michigan
- Step 1: Visit the ExpressSOS website
- Submit the required information
- Submit payment
- Receive a receipt for your renewed driver’s license
- Step 2: Receive your renewed Class O driver’s license via U.S. mail within 3 weeks
Caveats and Exceptions to Renew your Driver License in Michigan
- You will need to visit an SOS office in person if…
- Your previous driver’s license renewal was completed online or by mail
- You do not have a Social Security number on file with the SOS
- Has your driver’s license already expired? Then you will be charged a $7 late fee.
- Under age 21? Then your driver’s license will expire on your 21st birthday.
- Need a REAL ID? Then visit our Michigan REAL ID page to find out what is required.
Need other Michigan DMV help for free?
📌 Get unlimited DMV appointments and DMV chat support with a 15 days free of Skip*
*15 days free using above invite link, this week only.
❗Pro-tip: YoGov can help you get your US driving license! Book a Road Test Concierge car and driver to help you pass your road test.