✅ Updated January 2021
Ultimate Guide to Replacing your Vehicle Title in Massachusetts
Here's the ultimate guide to replacing your vehicle title in Pennsylvania. We've simplified the entire process for you so you can save time. Check out our full Massachusetts DMV Help page.
What You’ll Need to Replace your Vehicle Title in Massachusetts
📌 Completed Application for Duplicate Certificate of Title (Form T20558) (if requesting replacement title by mail or in person)
📌 $25 for replacement title fee
What You’ll Do to Replace your Vehicle Title in Massachusetts
To request a replacement title online...
- Step 1: Visit the RMV’s online portal for replacement titles and submit the following:
- Vehicle Identification Number
- Driver’s license number
- Current odometer reading
- $25 payment
- Step 2: Receive your replacement title via U.S. mail within 10 business days
To request a replacement title by mail or in person...
- Step 1: Complete the Application for Duplicate Certificate of Title (Form T20558)
- Step 2: Bring the completed application and $25 check to your nearest RMV office or mail to:
Registry of Motor Vehicles
P.O. Box 55885
Boston, MA 02205
- Step 3: Receive your replacement title via U.S. mail within 10 business days
Caveats and Exceptions
- Is your address on file with the RMV up-to-date? If not, you will need to change your address via the RMV’s online change-of-address system. The RMV will only mail a replacement title to your address on record.
- Is there a lien on your vehicle? You will not be able to receive a copy of the title unless your car loan is paid in full.
Need other Massachusetts DMV help for free?
📌 Get unlimited DMV appointments and DMV chat support with a 15 days free of Skip*
*15 days free using above invite link, this week only.