✅ Updated November 2020
Ultimate Guide to Replacing your Vehicle Title in Maryland
Here's the ultimate guide to replacing your vehicle title in Maryland. We've simplified the entire process for you so you can save time. Check out our full Maryland DMV Help page.
What You’ll Need to Replace your Vehicle Title in Maryland
- Application for Duplicate Certificate of Title ( Form VR-018 )
- Proof of your identity.
- Social Security Number
- Proof of residency
What You’ll Do to Replace your Vehicle Title in Maryland
- Step 1. Mail & In Person complete Application for Duplicate Certificate of Title (Form VR-018). The form must be signed by all owners.
- Step 2. Prepare your damaged/mutilated title, if applicable.
- Step 3. Submit a copy of your driver's license or ID card.
- Step 4. Payment for the $20 duplicate title fee.
- Step 5. You can visit your local MVA office or mail to the address on the form.
- The Maryland MVA will send the title by mail next business day to the address on file.
Need other Maryland DMV help for free?
📌 Get unlimited DMV appointments and DMV chat support with a 15 days free of Skip*
*15 days free using above invite link, this week only.