✅ Updated October 2020
Ultimate Guide to getting your Real ID in Maryland
Here's the ultimate guide to getting your Real ID at the Maryland DMV. We've simplified the entire process for you so you can save time.
What You’ll Need To Get your Maryland Real ID
- Proof of age and identity
- U.S. Birth Certificate - original or certified copy
- U.S. Passport - valid or expired less than 5 years
- Permanent Resident Card- valid, unexpired
- Proof of Social Security
- Original Social Security Card
- W-2 form (displaying your name and entire SSN)
- Proof of residential address
- Utility, telephone, or cable/satellite TV communications regarding account
- Property tax bill or receipt.
- Standard Fee - $20
What You’ll Do to Get your Maryland Real ID
- Step 1. Visit Maryland’s Online Document Guide to schedule an appointment
- Step 2. Create your checklist and have it printed.
- Step 3. Once you secure your appointment, Pay the fee of $20.00 for standard id.
- Step 4. Get your real ID.
Caveats and Exceptions to Getting your Maryland Real ID
- Beginning October 1, 2020, Marylanders will need a REAL ID-compliant license, identification card or an acceptable alternative identification as approved by TSA to board domestic commercial flights or enter a federal facility without a secondary form of Department of Homeland Security (DHS) approved identification.
Need other Maryland DMV help for free?
📌 Get unlimited DMV appointments and DMV chat support with a 15 days free of Skip*
*15 days free using above invite link, this week only.
❗Pro-tip: YoGov can help you get your US driving license! Book a Road Test Concierge car and driver to help you pass your road test.