✅ Updated August 2022
Ultimate Guide to Replacing your Vehicle Title in Louisiana
Here's the ultimate guide to replacing your vehicle title in Louisiana We've simplified the entire process for you so you can save time. Check out our full Louisiana DMV Help page.
What You’ll Need to Replace your Vehicle Title in Louisiana
- Completed Vehicle Application (form DPSMV 1799)
- Copy of your Louisiana registration certificate
- Payment for the duplicate license fee of $68.50 and $8 handling fee.
What You’ll Do to Replace your Vehicle Title in Louisiana
- Step 1: Visit the OMV in person.
- Step 2. Submit your completed application form
- Step 3. Present your vehicle registration certificate.
- Step 4. Make a payment.
Caveats and Exceptions to Replacing your Vehicle Title in Louisiana
- If you would like the title to be mailed to someone other than the registered owner, the authorization statement must be checked on the application. You must also need to complete the mail-to section on the application.
- OMV cannot issue a duplicate title in a deceased owner’s name.
- If the registered owner no longer resides in Louisiana, it will be necessary to submit a statement from the Office of the Motor Vehicles in the owner’s state of residence verifying no title has been issued by the jurisdiction.
Need other Louisiana DMV help for free?
📌 Get unlimited DMV appointments and DMV chat support with a 15 days free of Skip*
*15 days free using above invite link, this week only.