✅ Updated September 2020
Ultimate guide to getting your Real ID in Louisiana
Here's the ultimate guide to getting your Real ID at the Louisiana DMV. We've simplified the entire process for you so you can save time.
What You’ll Need To Get your Louisiana Real ID
- Establish Your Identity and lawful status, need to provide at least 1 of the following:
- Vaid, unexpired United States passport of passport card.
- Original birth certificate or certified copy of birth certificate issued by the United States.
- Consular report of birth abroad issued by the United States Department of State, Form FS-240, DS-1350, or FS-545.
- Certifiacate of Naturalization issued by the Department of Homeland Security, Form N-550, Or N-570.
- Certificate of Citizenship, issued by the Department of Homeland Security.
- To establish DOB, present at least one document required to establish his identity that contains his or her date of birth and name.
- Birth certificate
- To verify Social Security Information the applicant must present one document with his or her name and Social Security Number.
- Social Security Card
- W-2 Tax Form with applicant's name and full or partial Social Security Number.
- SSA-1099 with applicant's name and full or partial Social Security Number.
- A non-SSA 1099 form with applicant's name and full or partial Social Security Number
- A pay stub with the applicant's name and full or partial Social Security Number.
- To verify the address of the principal residence an applicant must present 2 original documents which include his/her name and LA street address.
- Utility bill for services installed at the applicant's residential address.
- Financial statements
- Applicant's unexpired Louisiana driver's license, permit or identification card that shows his current principal residence.
- Health insurance statement or explanation of benefits (EOB) for claim or a health care bill/invoice.
- State of Louisiana or Federal income tax return or refund check.
- Social Security documentation including Social Security Annual Statement, Numerical Identification System record, or Social Security check.
- School record or transcript, report card, or student loan application.
- Homeowners insurance policy or premium bill.
- Mortgage, payment coupon, deed, escrow statement or property tax bill.
What You’ll Do to Get your Louisiana Real ID
- Step 1. Applicants are required to come into an Office of Motor Vehicle location for your application
- Step 2. An applicant must provide all the documents stated above.
Caveats and Exceptions to Getting your Louisiana Real ID
- A REAL ID Driver’s License or Identification card does not contain any additional electronic technology.
- Deadline of Federal REAL ID requirements is October 1, 2020.
Need other Louisiana DMV help for free?
📌 Get unlimited DMV appointments and DMV chat support with a 15 days free of Skip*
*15 days free using above invite link, this week only.
❗Pro-tip: YoGov can help you get your US driving license! Book a Road Test Concierge car and driver to help you pass your road test.