✅ Updated August 2021
Ultimate Guide to Replacing your Vehicle Title in Kentucky
Here's the ultimate guide to replacing your vehicle title in Kentucky. We've simplified the entire process for you so you can save time.
What You’ll Need to Replace your Vehicle Title in Kentucky
- Form (TC96-182) properly completed including the owner section and the vehicle identification section.
- Title number OR license plate number
- $6.00 plus cost of notaryr
- Picture ID or driver's license
What You’ll Do to Replace your Vehicle Title in Kentucky
- Step 1: Make sure to properly sign the form to request for a replacement.
- Step 2: Have the Application for Kentucky Certificate of Title or registration notarized.
- Step 3: Present all the documents you need at County’s Clerk office.
- Step 4: Make a payment for the replacement fee.
- Step 5: Wait for your duplicate title in the mail within 5 business days.
Caveats and Exceptions to Replacing your Vehicle Title in Kentucky
- You can apply for a speed title, it allows you to either have it mailed to you the following business day or have it available for pick up at our One Stop Shop with a fee of $25.00.
- You cannot apply for a speed title at the Division of Motor Vehicle Licensing in Frankfort.
More Kentucky DMV Questions?
📌 Visit our Kentucky DMV information page
📌 Skip the DMV line! Get a line waiting concierge
📌 In a hurry? Get a DMV appointment fast
📌 Get all of this info for free on the Skip app (get $10 credit for the app with this link)