✅ Updated July 2021
Ultimate guide to renewing your driver's license in Kentucky
Here's the ultimate guide to renewing your driver's license in Kentucky We've simplified the entire process for you so you can save time.
What You’ll Need to Renew your Kentucky Driver License
- Your driver's license
- $20 for the renewal fee
Non U.S citizen Driver License renewal
- Non-U.S. Citizen Application
- Legal presence documents, such as your visa and I-94 card/number.
- Proof of employment, if you have a working visa.
- Your Social Security number (SSN), tax ID number, or proof of ineligibility.
A completed USCIS School Compliance Non-U.S. Citizen Driver Licensing & Personal Identification Application (form TC 94-159), if you are also an out-of-state student.
What You’ll Do to Renew your Kentucky Driver License
- Step 1. Visit your local Circuit County Clerk’s Office in your county of residence.
- Step 2. Make a payment for the renewal fee of $20.00.
Caveats and Exceptions to Renewing your Kentucky Driver License
- A Kentucky Driver’s License is valid for 4 years.
- Age 21 and older, the license expires 30 days after birth date.
- Under age 21, license expires 90 days after the 21st birthday.
- Age 21 and older may renew their valid driver license up to 6 months prior to expiration date.
- If the license is expired for more than 1 year, a vision and written test will be required.
- Only military personnel who are stationed outside the boundaries of the Commonwealth can renew by mail.
- If your Kentucky driver’s license is suspended, you must reinstate it before you can renew it. You’ll need to pay $40.00 for the reinstatement fee.
Need other Kentucky DMV help for free?
📌 Get unlimited DMV appointments and DMV chat support with a 15 days free of Skip*
*15 days free using above invite link, this week only.