✅ Updated September 2020
Here's the ultimate guide to getting your Real ID at the Indiana DMV. We've simplified the entire process for you so you can save time.
What You’ll Need To Get your Indiana Real ID
- Proof of Identity
- Proof of Name Change, Date of Birth, or Gender - if applicable
- Proof of Lawful U.S. Status
- Social Security Number
- Two proof of Indiana Residency
You may want to view this Document Checklist from the Bureau of Motor Vehicles to ensure that your documents will be accepted
What You’ll Do to Get your Indiana Real ID
- Step 1: Visit any BMV Office or Certified License branch locations
- Step 2: Present all the required documents
- Step 3: Pay the applicable fees - A standard operator license, or driver’s license, costs $17.50. A non-voter identification card is $9.00
- Step 4: Your REAL-ID Compliant card will be mailed within 14 days
Caveats and Exceptions to Getting your Indiana Real ID
- The Real ID is distinguished by a star in the upper right-hand corner of the identification card and driver's license
- Indiana requires all new license, permit, or ID card applicants to provide documents that prove identity, lawful status, SSN, and residency. In return the BMV will issue a Real ID compliant credential.
Need other Indiana DMV help for free?
📌 Get unlimited DMV appointments and DMV chat support with a 15 days free of Skip*
*15 days free using above invite link, this week only.
❗Pro-tip: YoGov can help you get your US driving license! Book a Road Test Concierge car and driver to help you pass your road test.