✅ Updated April 2021
Ultimate guide to renewing your driver's license in Indiana
Here's the ultimate guide to getting your driver license at the Indiana DMV. We've simplified the entire process for you so you can save time.
What You’ll Need to Get your Indiana Driver License
- Providing proof of identity must be a certified true copy, below are the things needed to submit.
- U.S Birth certificate
- U.S Passport
- Employment Authorization certificate (If needed)
- Permanent resident card or Foreign passport with approved form l-94
- Present proof of your Social Security number such as SSN card, W-2 Pay Stub with Full SSN
- License Fee :
- under 75 years old - $17.50
- Over 75 years old but not under 85 - $11.00
- Over 85 years old - $7.00
What You’ll Do to Get your Indiana Driver License
- Step 1: Visit the nearest BMV in your area.
- Step 2: Pass the following test:
- Vision screening
- Written knowledge exam
- Driving skills exam
Caveats and Exceptions to Getting your Indiana Driver License
- The BMV will issue you a temporary driver’s license valid only for 30 days. The BMV should mail you your new permit driver’s license within 14days.
- For expired licenses as long as 179 days ago, you can still renew it. Late fee of $6.00 on top of the required fee to get a new driver’s license.
Need other Indiana DMV help for free?
📌 Get unlimited DMV appointments and DMV chat support with a 15 days free of Skip*
*15 days free using above invite link, this week only.
❗Pro-tip: YoGov can help you get your US driving license! Book a Road Test Concierge car and driver to help you pass your road test.