Updated September 2020
Ultimate Guide to Replacing your Vehicle Title in Illinois
Here's the ultimate guide to replacing your vehicle title in Illinois. We've simplified the entire process for you so you can save time. Check out our full Illinois DMV Help page.
What You’ll Need to Replace your Vehicle Title in Illinois
- Completed Application for Vehicle Transaction(s) (Form VSD 190)
- Photo ID and registration certficate (if applying in person)
- $95 for replacement title fee (check or money order)
What You’ll Do to Replace your Vehicle Title in Illinois
- Step 1: Mail the completed form plus payment to:
Secretary of State
Vehicle Services Department
501 S. 2nd St., RM 014
Springfield, IL 62756
- Step 2: Receive your replacement Illinois vehicle title via U.S. mail
Caveats to Replacing your Vehicle Title in Illinois
- Need your replacement title in a hurry? Then visit your nearest Illinois SOS office instead. Expedited titles are available for an additional $30 fee.
Need other Illinois DMV help for free?
Get unlimited DMV appointments and DMV chat support with a 15 days free of Skip*
*15 days free using above invite link, this week only.