Updated April 2021
Ultimate guide to renewing your driver's license in Georgia
Here's the ultimate guide to renewing your driver's license in Georgia. We've simplified the entire process for you so you can save time.
What You’ll Need to Renew your Driver License in Georgia
- Social Security number, full name, date of birth, and driver’s license number, issue date, and class
- $32 payment for Class C driver’s license renewal
What You’ll Do to Renew your Driver License in Georgia
- Step 1: Register for an online account with the Georgia MVD website
- Provide the required information
- Step 2: Log in to the Georgia DDS website
- Submit the required information
- Submit payment
- Receive a receipt for your renewed driver’s license
- Step 3: Receive your renewed Class C license via U.S. mail within 7 days
Caveats and Exceptions to Renewing your Driver License in Georgia
- You will need to visit the MVD in person and provide acceptable ID if…
- Your license expired more than 2 years ago
- Your driver’s license is not a Secure ID (no gold star in top right corner)
- You are not a U.S. citizen
- Need a REAL ID? Then visit our Georgia REAL ID [embedded link] page to find out what is required.
Need other Georgia DMV help for free?
Get unlimited DMV appointments and DMV chat support with a 15 days free of Skip*
*15 days free using above invite link, this week only.
Pro-tip: YoGov can help you get your US driving license! Book a Road Test Concierge car and driver to help you pass your road test.