Ultimate Guide to Renewing your Driver License in Florida
Here's the ultimate guide to renewing your driver license at the Florida DMV. We've simplified the entire process for you so you can save time.
What You’ll Need to Renew your Florida Driver License
$48 for Class E driver’s license renewal fee
What You’ll Do to Renew your Florida Driver License
Step 1: Visit the Florida GoRenew Online System
- Submit your driver’s license number, date of birth, and last 4 digits of your Social Security number
- Submit the required payment
- Receive a receipt
Step 2: Receive your renewed Class E license via U.S. mail
Caveats and Exceptions
- You will need to visit the DHSMV in person and provide acceptable identification if…
- Your last renewal was not completed in person
- You are not a U.S. citizen
- Commercial Driver Licenses (CDL), Valid in Florida Only Licenses, and licenses expired over one year cannot be renewed online or by mail.
Need a REAL ID? Then visit our Florida REAL ID page to find out what is required.
Need other Florida DMV help?
We're here to help! Email us at [email protected] if you have questions we haven't answered here!
Get unlimited DMV appointments and DMV chat support with a 15 days free of Skip.