✅ Updated August 2021
Here's the ultimate guide to getting your Real ID at the Connecticut DMV. We've simplified the entire process for you so you can save time.
What You’ll Need To Get your Connecticut Real ID
- Two (2) Proofs of identity - at least (1) from Primary Documents
- Social Security Number
- Two (2) different pieces of mail from two (2) different sources to prove your home is located in Connecticut
- Legal Presence in the U.S. - (for Non-U.S. citizens)
- Name Change documents (if applicable)
You may want to view this Document Checklist from the Department of Motor Vehicle to ensure that your documents will be accepted
What You’ll Do to Get your Connecticut Real ID
- Step 1: Visit any DMV Hub Office or partner office like DMV Express
- Step 2: Present all the required documents
- Step 3: Pay the applicable fees - If you are not due for renewal, you can convert your license or ID for a $30 duplicate fee
- Step 4: The Connecticut DMV mails all the license / ID cards - you can track the delivery of your new card online
Caveats and Exceptions to Getting your Connecticut Real ID
- Only U.S. citizens and permanent residents are eligible for a verified license/ID card. Customers with a Drive Only license are not eligible for a Real ID license
- Only valid/unexpired, original documents, or certified copies documents will be accepted. Photocopies, notarized photocopies, non-certified copies, and damaged or mutilated documents are not acceptable. DMV will scan and store images of all documents.
Need other Connecticut DMV help for free?
📌 Get unlimited DMV appointments and DMV chat support with a 15 days free of Skip*
*15 days free using above invite link, this week only.
❗Pro-tip: YoGov can help you get your US driving license! Book a Road Test Concierge car and driver to help you pass your road test.