✅ Updated January 2022
Ultimate guide to transferring your out-of-state driver's license to Colorado
Here's the ultimate guide to transferring your out-of-state license to Colorado. We've simplified the entire process for you so you can save time. This page is geared toward people who've moved to Pennsylvania but have a driver license from another US state.
What You’ll Need to Transfer your Out-of-State Driver License to Colorado
- Your valid out-of-state driver's license. If it does not display your full legal name (i.e. middle name spelled out), please bring your certified original state or county issued birth certificate, U.S. passport (if applicable), or military ID (if applicable) to confirm your middle name - Identification documents
- Your certified original state- or county-issued birth certificate to establish lawful presence in the U.S. (Proof of lawful presence (if U.S. citizen or permanently lawfully present in the U.S.). If your name has changed, you will also need valid name change documents (such as marriage/divorce certificate). You may provide a valid, unexpired U.S. passport showing your full, current legal name - Identification documents
- If you are under the age of 21, an Affidavit of Identity (DR2304) must be signed by your parent/legal guardian in front of a driver license employee or notary if you do not have any identity documents. An Affidavit of Liability or Guardianship (DR2460) is also required if you are transferring a driver license.
- Your Social Security Card or acceptable Proof of your Social Security number
- Two Proof of current physical Colorado address documents
- Applicable fee
What You’ll Do to Transfer your Out-of-State Driver License to Colorado
- Step 1: Schedule an appointment CO-RCSA SB251 appointment
- Step 2: Complete your written test
- Step 3: Take an eye test
- Step 4: Pay applicable fee after passing the written test
- Step 5: Schedule and take a road test, Pay applicable fee after passing the driving test
More Colorado DMV Questions?
📌 Visit our Colorado DMV information page
📌 Skip the DMV line! Get a line waiting concierge
📌 In a hurry? Get a DMV appointment fast
📌 Get all of this info for free on the Skip app (get $10 credit for the app with this link)