✅ Updated August 2020
Here's the ultimate guide to getting your Real ID at the Colorado DMV. We've simplified the entire process for you so you can save time.
What You’ll Need To Get your Colorado Real ID
- Identification documents
- Proof of Social Security number
- Social Security Account number card (not laminated)
- W-2 form (not accepted electronically)
- SSA-1099 form
- Non-SSA-1099 form
- Pay stub with the applicant's name and SSN on it
- Can be verbally provided if above documents are not available and you are a current Colorado driver license, identification card, instruction permit holder
- Proof of your current Colorado address
What You’ll Do to Get your Colorado Real ID
- Step 1: Schedule an appointment to visit the DMV
- Submit the required documents & ID
- Submit payment
- Receive a REAL ID receipt
- Step 2: Your new ID card will be mailed to the address you provide. Documents usually arrive in 10-14 business days, but may take up to 30 business days to be delivered.
Caveats and Exceptions to Getting your Colorado Real ID
- Colorado residents may hold a Colorado driver license OR Colorado ID card - not both.
Need other Colorado DMV help for free?
📌 Get unlimited DMV appointments and DMV chat support with a 15 days free of Skip*
*15 days free using above invite link, this week only.
❗Pro-tip: YoGov can help you get your US driving license! Book a Road Test Concierge car and driver to help you pass your road test.