✅ Updated October 2020
Ultimate guide to renewing your driver's license in Colorado
Here's the ultimate guide to renewing your driver's license in Colorado. We've simplified the entire process for you so you can save time.
What You’ll Need to Renew your Driver License in Colorado
- Identification requirement steps (DR2300C)
- Identification requirements for U.S. citizens and permanent residents (DR2300A)
- Identification requirements for residents able to demonstrate temporary lawful presence in the U.S. or residents who cannot demonstrate lawful presence in the U.S. (DR2300B)
- U.S.-issued birth certificates must show the person listed on the certificate was born in the U.S.
- Fees for services:
- Driver License, $33.00
- Instruction Permit $21.00
- Identification Card $13.00
What You’ll Do to Renew your Driver License in Colorado
- Step 1: Visit your nearest DMV
- Step 2: Schedule a DRIVE TEST appointment (unless the drive test was completed with a driving school)
- Step 3: Submit the required documents & ID, Pass the vision test,Schedule an appointment to complete the written test, Submit payment
- Step 4: Your new Class D driver’s license will arrive in 10-14 business days
Need other Colorado DMV help for free?
📌 Get unlimited DMV appointments and DMV chat support with a 15 days free of Skip*
*15 days free using above invite link, this week only.
❗Pro-tip: YoGov can help you get your US driving license! Book a Road Test Concierge car and driver to help you pass your road test.