✅ Updated September 2021
Ultimate guide to transferring your out-of-state driver's license to Arkansas
Here's the ultimate guide to transferring your out-of-state license to Arkansas. We've simplified the entire process for you so you can save time. This page is geared toward people who've moved to Arkansas but have a driver's license from another US state.
What You’ll Need to Transfer your Out-of-State Driver License to Arkansas
- Your Out-of-State Driver’s License
- Proof of legal presence in the U.S.
- U.S birth Certificate
- Valid U.S. Passport
- 2 Documents proving your Identity
- Photo Driver’s license
- U.S birth certificate
- Valid passport
- Vehicle registration or title
- Health insurance card
- Social Security Number or an affidavit stating that you do not have an SSN.
- Payment of $40 for the driver’s license fee
What You’ll Do to Transfer your Out-of-State Driver License to Arkansas
- Step 1. Visit the revenue office.
- Step 2. Pass the documents needed.
- Step 3. Pass the vision test (optional)
- Step 4. Wait for your license to be released
Caveats and Exceptions to Transferring your Out-of-State Driver License to Arkansas
- If your license is current or expired for 31 days or less, you will not need to retake the written and vision exam.
- If your license has been expired for more than 31 days, you will need to retake the written and vision tests upon application, but not the driving test.
- If your license has been expired for more than 1 year, you’ll need to take all three exams: Written exam, Vision exam, and driving test.
More Arkansas DMV Questions?
📌 Visit our Arkansas DMV information page
📌 Skip the DMV line! Get a line waiting concierge
📌 In a hurry? Get a DMV appointment fast
📌 Get all of this info for free on the Skip app (get $10 credit for the app with this link)