✅ Updated July 2021
Ultimate guide to Registering your Vehicle in Arkansas
Here's the ultimate guide to registering your vehicle in Arkansas. We've simplified the entire process for you so you can save time.
What You’ll Need to Register your Vehicle in Arkansas
- Proof of ownership
- Manufacturer's Certificate of Origin (MCO) signed over to you (if purchased new from a dealership).
- Vehicle title, signed by both you and the seller of the vehicle (if purchased or transferred from a private party).
- A signed copy of your lien agreement.
- A completed Vehicle Registration Application (Form 10-381) which acts as both regustration and titling application
- State of Arkansas Vehicle Bill of Sale Odometer Disclosure Statement Form (Form 10-313)
- Proof of VIN verification, if you’re registering a vehicle purchased from out of state with a Salvage or Similar designation.
- Proof from your county assessor that your vehicle has been assessed or is listed for assessment within the current year.
- Proof that you have paid all personal property taxes.
- Proof of AR auto insurance.
- Odometer disclosure statement on the back of the title for vehicles less than 10 years old. Or State of Arkansas Vehicle Bill of Sale Odometer Disclosure Statement Form.
- Payment for your registration fees.
- Primary Document (Arkansas Title, Bill of Sale, Manufacturer Statement of Origin, Out of State Title)
- Insurance Card
- Federal Odometer Statement
- Personal Property Tax Number (PPAN) assigned from your county assessor
- Lien Contract/Security Agreement
- Current Year County Tax Assessment
- Proof of paid tax receipt
What You’ll Do to Register your Vehicle in Arkansas
- Step 1. Visit Any AR OMV revenue office.
- Step 2. Submit all required documents.
- Step 3. Pay the registration fees.
- Step 4. Wait for your receipt and vehicle registration.
- Step 1. Visit the site: https://airsdsmvpub.dfa.arkansas.gov/mydmv/_/.
- Step 2. Complete the application by entering all your information and information about your vehicle.
- Step 3. You will have to pay for fees online.
- Step 4. Once you have submitted your application online you will receive an email notification about your title status.
- Step 5. Once your application has been accepted you will receive your plate and registration in the mail.
Caveats and Exceptions in Registering your Vehicle in Arkansas
- You must title and register your car with the Arkansas OMV within 30 days of making a purchase or having the vehicle's title signed over to you (whether inherited, gifted, or transferred between family members).
- For online registration, your title will not be mailed until all documents have been received and processed.
- Customers applying for or using a Title Purpose Only Certificate cannot register online. A TPOC does not require proof of insurance and no license plate will be issued, only a title is received.
More Arkansas DMV Questions?
📌 Visit our Arkansas DMV information page
📌 Skip the DMV line! Get a line waiting concierge
📌 In a hurry? Get a DMV appointment fast
📌 Get all of this info for free on the Skip app (get $10 credit for the app with this link)