✅ Updated February 2020
Ultimate guide to transferring your out-of-state driver's license to Arizona
Here's the ultimate guide to transferring your out-of-state license to Arizona. We've simplified the entire process for you so you can save time. This page is geared toward people who've moved to Arizona but have a driver license from another US state. If you have an international license, visit our Arizona driver's license page.
What You’ll Need to Transfer your Out-of-state Driver License to Arizona
- Proof of identity, age, and legal presence in Arizona
- Minimum of 2 documents from the full list of accepted documents (must be provided as originals or certified copies)
- Proof of Social Security number
- Out-of-state driver’s license
- Payment for Class D driver’s license fee, based on your age:
- 16 to 39 years old: $25
- 40 to 44 years old: $20
- 45 to 49 years old: $15
- 50 years old and older: $10
What You’ll Do to Transfer your Out-of-state Driver License to Arizona
- Step 1: Begin the licensing process by submitting an application with the MVD online
- Complete the initial application form
- Determine your specific ID requirements
- Print the application paperwork to bring to the MVD
- Step 2: Visit your nearest MVD office (optional: make an appointment! [embedded link to YoGov appt setter])
- Submit the required documents and ID
- Pass the vision test
- Pass the written test (if required; likely to be waived)
- Pass the road test (if required; likely to be waived)
- Surrender your out-of-state license
- Submit the required payment
- Receive a temporary driver’s license
- Step 6: Receive your new Class D driver’s license via U.S. mai
Caveats and Exceptions
- Need a REAL ID? Then visit our Arizona REAL ID page to find out what is required.
Need other Arizona DMV help for free?
📌 Get unlimited DMV appointments and DMV chat support with a 15 days free of Skip*
*15 days free using above invite link, this week only.