✅ Updated February 2020
Ultimate guide to renewing your driver's license in Arizona
Here's the ultimate guide to renewing your driver's license in Arizona. We've simplified the entire process for you so you can save time.
What You’ll Need to Get your Driver's License in Arizona
- Completed Driver License/Identification Card Application (Form 40-5122)
- Proof of identity, age, and legal presence in Arizona
- Minimum of 2 documents from the full list of accepted documents (must be provided as originals or certified copies)
- Payment for Class D driver’s license renewal fee, based on your age:
- 16 to 39 years old: $25
- 40 to 44 years old: $20
- 45 to 49 years old: $15
- 50 years old and older: $10
What You’ll Do to Get your Driver's License in Arizona
- Step 1: Visit your nearest MVD office (optional: make an appointment! [embedded link to YoGov appt setter])
- Submit the required documents and ID
- Have your ID photo taken
- Pass a vision test
- Submit payment
- Receive a temporary license (valid for 30 days)
- Step 2: Receive your renewed Class D driver’s license via U.S. mail
Caveats and Exceptions
- Under age 65? Then you only need to update your photo and pass a vision test every 12 years; the associated fee is $12.
- Need a REAL ID? Then visit our Arizona REAL ID page to find out what is required.
Need other Arizona DMV help for free?
📌 Get unlimited DMV appointments and DMV chat support with a 15 days free of Skip*
*15 days free using above invite link, this week only.
❗Pro-tip: YoGov can help you get your US driving license! Book a Road Test Concierge car and driver to help you pass your road test.