✅ Updated January 2021
Ultimate Guide to Replacing your Vehicle Title in Alabama
Here's the ultimate guide to replacing your vehicle title in Alabama. We've simplified the entire process for you so you can save time. Check out our full Alabama DMV Help page.
What You’ll Need to Replace your Vehicle Title in Alabama
- Completed form for the Application for Replacement Title (MVT-12-1).
- Driver’s License or ID card
- Vehicle’s VIN, make model and year
- Vehicle’s registration proof of ownership.
- Any lien details and power of attorney (if applicable).
- Payment of $15 for the service fee.
What You’ll Do to Replace your Vehicle Title in Alabama
- Step 1: Locate your local AL Tag and Title Office.
- Step 2: You need to file the Application for Replacement at the Alabama Department of Revenue.
- Step 3: Present all the documents you need.
- Step 4: Pay $15 for the service.
Caveats and Exceptions to Replacing your Vehicle Title in Alabama
- Replacing and getting a duplicate title by mail is the same process.
Need other Alabama DMV help for free?
📌 Get unlimited DMV appointments and DMV chat support with a 15 days free of Skip*
*15 days free using above invite link, this week only.